Movement Coaching (Personal Training)
As explained in my bio and on the general coaching page, I take a very functional approach to movement. We are designed to move, and we feel better (and get better results) when we move well. In designing my programs I utilize experience, NASM guidelines, current research/training knowledge, and YOU. I do my best to synthesize all of this information and tailor it to you: how you move, what your goals are, you current fitness level, your past experience, etc..
Who is this for?
This is for anyone and everyone. From your average Jane/Joe to elite athletes. From pain-free to chronic pain. From the sedentary couch potato to the weekend warrior. Programs are tailored and graded to meet your individual needs.
- Workouts will last between 30-45min; with the first 10-15min dedicated to warm-up and mobility work. (Remember that “long and grueling” doesn’t always means “effective and worth your time”)
- Workouts can come to you, or you can come to me (details will be arranged on an individual basis).
- Initial (and periodic) body weight measures
- Individual posture and gait assessment (i.e. how you stand and walk)
- Individual dynamic movement assessment (i.e. things like squatting, pushing, and pulling)
- Individual cardiorespiratory assessment (i.e. how we can safely improve your capacity to achieve better training results)
- Percent Body Fat Measures (Utilizing the SUM7 Skinfold Assessment)
- Body Girth Measurements (e.g. waist, hip, chest, shoulders, etc..)
- Individual, comprehensive, and periodized fitness program that include various combinations of:
- Dynamic warm-up and mobility training
- Functional resistance and core training
- Novel balance training
- Speed, agility, quickness, and reactivity work
- Cardiorespiratory training for fitness and/or performance
- Regular re-evaluations to make sure that we are moving towards your goals
- TRX/Suspension Trainer
- Exercise Ball (For in-home training this is a “bring/buy your own ball; BYOB” scenario to make traveling with equipment easier on me. Everything else listed can and will be provided.)
- Revolution Fit Balance Board
- Resistance Bands
- Jump Rope
If you are in the Seattle Area and would like to work with me for private movement training and/or nutrition coaching, please fill out the contact information below and we will be in touch! I am very excited to meet you and help you achieve your health and movement goals!